Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
can a csf leak cause this to happen?

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

can a csf leak cause this to happen?

1st of all 5 yrs ago my husband had a very bad head injury, wher it cruched his face and head. He suffers from a csf leak. It leaks from his nose when he gets hot or walks the least. Friday he was leaking, but we didn't think to much about it, 'He has lived with it for 5 yrs now. But he went to the car and reached down to get something and felt really weird ! He walked a few feet and he got feeling more weird. he said he could barely get to the door. He said he could hear us inside but sounded like we were in a tunnel. He made it to the door and it was like his arms were drawn, he was pale yellowish, eyes BIG and dilated huge, he was shaking in his arms and legs. We sat him down in a chair and gave him water, and wet his face and neck while someone other called 911. I am his wife and i had to keep telling him to breathe , and to open his eyes, he was trying to stop breatheing, and trying to close his eyes. After about 10 mins he started coming to, so he could say a few words and was able to walk when the EMT got there , but he had spleerd speach really bad and looked like a drunk person. Do you think he lost to much spinal fluid??? He didn't go to the hospital, his blood preasure cked barely high, blood sugar was good , heart was good..... This has happen 3 times now and each time he can remember leaking spinal fluid, a lot, but he always do. Please help me in any way you will, because this is scarry and i don't want to lose him. He suffers soooo bad. 1/2 of his face is numb but on fore feeling. He says it feels like at times someone is tearing his forhead off, headache all the time, feels like boiling water behind his eye, bee's stinging, teeth hurting. It is really bad. He is on all kinds of medication. I just need some advice on what you think happened the other night???? Thank you and God Bless You !
Tags: CSF leak
Oh my goodness - that sounds very scary, both for him and you!  I think anytime a known health condition gets worse it should be checked out.  Is he under a doctor's care for the CSF leak?