Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
dpras

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

dpras

my friend is  30 yrs old.. he had 4 yrs ago headache ,,again in last week he got severe headache .. but he thougt it is synscious problem.. now it is found out that it is blood clot in the brain...he is operated in Ramaya hospital...i want to know about his future life ..how it will be.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. A blood clot is formed in the brain due to bleeding that take place in the area between the skull and the brain. Common causes of blood clot in brain are head injury,  bleeding problems, etc.
Symptoms of blood clot in brain are seizures, headaches, confusion, speaking difficulties, paralysis, blindness, depression etc.  The treatment for blood clot in brain depends on the cause of the clot. Your friend could be having a stroke when vessels supplying blood to the brain are blocked, interrupting blood flow leading to cell death. Depending on the area involved, this can lead to specific loss of functions like speech, movement and memory. The prognosis of your friend’s condition depends on how much time has been lost without resuscitation after he sustained a brain stroke. This would decide the permanent neurological loss. Take care.
My husband as 3 blood clots on his brain someone talk to me please!