Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
eddie1994

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

eddie1994

yes. right. never again. i flew yesterday by the way. it was fine for my head. hoping the flight back is as uneventful. when did you have your aneurysm? 1994? were you spacey afterwards? somedays worse than others? what about now? did you lose you hair? i am. after 3 months it just started to fall out. shock. it rests for 3 months then falls out. Happens more for women though. did this happen to you?
thanks
My wife had the aneurysm in 1994.  Seems like I live vicariously through her and all of her experiences.  It happened during my last semester of Graduate School.  I had full access to the medical school library so I tried to learn as much as possible in the last two months of school so I could help my wife (then my fiancee) through this ordeal.  Little did I know back then how much of my life would be consumed learning about this affliction and helping her through it.  It would be a waste of God's time if I would let this 17 years of learning not benefit others.  This forum also helps me understand other nuiances that many Doctors would not have the benefit associating with the aftermath of a rupture.

Your questions are appropriate and seem to have a strong corrolation to what others have experienced after this type of surgery.  That spacey feeling might be with you for a pretty long time.  The brain is remarkable in how it heals.  I spent the first 18 months helping my wife know when she had enough to eat.  She never felt satiated after eating and was gaining weight.  Apparently the part of her brain that received signals from the stomach was damaged in the surgery or the rupture.  Surprisingly we were eating dinner one night and she said to me she was feeling full.  I look at her in shock and asked her if she realized what she just said.  She thought about it for a minute and it dawned on her that her brain actually reconnected the neurons pathway to signal satiation.  It was at that point she knew she was on the road to recovery.  She did lose some of her hair and feels she is still losing more, but she uses rogaine for women.  This seems to help.  As for me and my hair - I just blame my Mom for her family genes!!
Hi Eddie. How are you? Just checking in. How's your wife doing? I'm well. Really well. Basically I am back to normal, a new normal, with a few adjustments as in , still building physical strength back in some areas. It seems so long ago but really only a year and 3 months.
What's new with your wife's progress with her migraines?
Great to hear from you and I'm glad to hear things are going well.  March has been going well for my wife so far.  Her last disabling migraine was in early February when we had a direct West hit over PA.  I was able to track it having a triggering point when the center of the low was on the Western border of Indianna.  Since then we haven't had a direct westerly and March weather has been great as well.  Now if there was a method to eliminate the hits she gets when she accompanies me shopping.  
If you get a chance take a look at the Migraine section here and look for  Weather Patterns and Migraines.  It should be on the 2nd page of posts.  The person I was helping there is located just South of you in the Syracuse area.  
Keep doing well!
Ed