Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
long term effects after a brain hemorrhage

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

I sufferd a brain hemorrhage in 2000 everything physically fine.I havent went back to work since,i mentally cant cope i have been like this for a few years now i keep repeating things in my head like names or words that stick in my head.When i am out in the car i keep reading road signs and advertisement on vans or lorries and go over and over what i have read this is driving me mad and is getting worse i cant switch of to sleep at night.I have been back and forth to the docs about it and they are now referring me back to the hospital just incase theres any damage to the braincells,i am fed up feeling like this and i was embarresed about it but i have told my husband about it and he is trying hard to support me.I have so a psychologist and they said its not psychological which is fine because i thought i was depressed.I am trying different medication at the moment to see if they can help a bit,its jst hard to cope and i find it hard to get on with my everyday life with my family and freinds i have tried learning about aromatherapy and alternate therapies which can  be beneficial but i find it difficult to learn and take anything in dont know if anyone else has ever experienced symptoms like this.wend2207
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. You are having central nervous manifestations, which are neurological deficits most likely due to cerebral hemorrhage in the past. A fresh MRI would show the lesions responsible for these deficits. Though not much can be done to stop these symptoms, some trained speech therapy had to be depended upon for some changes. Rest of the management remains the same. Take care.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
hi Dr Sharma,thank you for your medical information i found your advise helpfull i thought it was something related to the hemorrage so thanks again.wend2207
I have jst found out i suffered a fractured skull when i was 10 months old,could this cause a hemorrhage even after 33yrs on?!!!
Or could that be the cause for the repetiveness,and the cognitive problems?Many thanks.
I have the same problem I'm 19 I need help please help me I can't control it
It's to the point I want to kill my self because my mind never stops thinking and reading by itself all the time please help
I just came across your comments.  First, I will say that I'm sorry you are suffering so much.  The best thing I can recommend is a mental health evaluation from a psychiatrist, psychologist or therapist who is trained and licensed to diagnose and treat mental disorders.  Get the evaluation and seriously consider whatever recommendations come from that.  If you don't like the recommendations, get another evaluation from a different professional person and then decide.  Anytime  a person has so much mental torment that they are thinking about killing themselves, it is time to get help.  Good luck.
Ive been dealing with the same things for as long as i can remember everything you have said ive been dealing with for years but i also draw around shapes and pictures again and again and repeat sentences in my head again and again. I also find it hard to communicate with people i dont know because i think about what im gonna say so much and keep repeating it to myself then when i say it i just mumble and they dont understand what im saying. I do find it hard to deal with sometimes ecspecially at night. i thought nothing of it i just thought it was a wierd habbit i couldnt help doing until i read that theres someone who experiencing the same thing and i never thought that it was because of my head injury i had years ago. I thought i was dealing with depression but when you said you went to see a professional and its nothing to do with that its really got me thinking about it maybe this is the reason i am the way i am.I had my head injury in 2003 when i was 11 years old i had a brain he. I dont know if it is to late to respond to what you have written but i was wondering if youve heard anything as to why this happens.
Ive been dealing with the same things for as long as i can remember everything you have said ive been dealing with for years but i also draw around shapes and pictures again and again and repeat sentences in my head again and again. I also find it hard to communicate with people i dont know because i think about what im gonna say so much and keep repeating it to myself then when i say it i just mumble and they dont understand what im saying. I also find it hard to learn and remember new things.I do find it hard to deal with sometimes ecspecially at night. i thought nothing of it i just thought it was a wierd habbit i couldnt help doing until i read that theres someone who experiencing the same thing and i never thought that it was because of my head injury i had years ago. I thought i was dealing with depression but when you said you went to see a professional and its nothing to do with that its really got me thinking about it maybe this is the reason i am the way i am.I had my head injury in 2003 when i was 11 years old i had a hemorrhage and a blood clot.I dont know if it is to late to respond to what you have written but i was wondering if youve heard anything as to why this happens.
I accidently posted it twice because i didnt know i posted it the first time and i added something
When i said i draw around shapes and pictures by that i mean a picture  see on tv or on a poster  and shapes such as the tv or cars anything with an outline i just keep going round them in my head