Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
mri finding after previous stroke
About This Community:

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

mri finding after previous stroke

I had a stroke a last year.The doctors thought it was vasular(sjogrens or lupus) I have been fortunate I have recovered quite well.      My recent MRI showed: In distribution of the previosly seen left distal infarct,in the left temperal and parietal lobes,there now encephalomalacia,with parenchylmal thinning and t2 signal hypertensity. there is also gyriform t1signal hypertensity with accompaning low signal on t2, consistent with pseudolaminar necrosis. No diffusion restriction at this time. No new parenchymal leions. No lesions exerting positive mass effect and no abnormal enhancement following intravenous contrast administration. Appropriate flow voids of the large vessels at the skull base.
COMMENT
Findings consistent with chronic encephalomalcia in the site of a previously seen infarct, with appropriate evolution. No new lesions are identified. This is my diagnostic report.
I really am in the dark! I usually increase my prednisone when a flair hits. I have extreme vertigo and go half numb.
I'm worried of another stroke.I have not spoke wiyh my nereologist yet. I'd appriciate some opinions. Thanks