Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
recovery after brain aneurysm clipping

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

recovery after brain aneurysm clipping

how long is the recovery period after having a brain aneurysm clipped. what kind of things happen after, i keep feeling tired and dizzy. almost feels like im panicking for no reason but unable to control it. my head feels heavy and i always have a dry mouth even tho i take in  enough fluid.  i was extremley active prior to surgery, gym every day and swimming. slight confusion over the simplest of things. is this normal?? was in hospital for 4 days after surgery and was told that i would be back to normal between 4-6 weeks , yeah right. i cant find any info about aneurysm clipping only ruptured aneurysms. plz help xx
The outcome of brain surgery is different among each survivor.  I have read and talked with quite a few after their experiences and attempting to document any meaningful data is difficult.  The reason for this is that each surgery is different and each brain is wired differently so predicting outcome may never be possible.  I feel for your situation because my wife went through the same thing 18 years ago.  She survived but has had challenges over this time period.  The first few years she fatigued very easily and suffered severe migraines.  She has learned to compensate except for the migraines.  We now understand what causes her migraines and we go to great pains to try and avoid the triggers.  Getting back to normal in 4-6 weeks dosen't appear realistic and don't be surprised about 4-6 months either.  Finding family and friends for support will be necessary and don't be ashamed to share your feelings with them (in confidence of course.)
thank you so much for your info i am really grateful xx at least you make sense xx
Hi.  I'm new to this site and to this forum (informally).

I had an aneurysm clipping 2/2011.  I went back to work in 4 wks and was ready to do so.  When I got home, I took a nap and always needed 9 hrs of sleep at night, too.  That lasted another 2 wks., then I felt fine, but not 100%.  It took me to shake that tired feeling for about 6 months.

I realize I'm commenting on your post over a yr later.  I'm wondering how you feel now?  I hope back to your active lifestyle.