Brain Health Community
Looking for some information
About This Community:

This community is a place where members can find information and support pertaining to injury, memory, problem solving, language skills, brain games, nutrition supplements and fitness as they relate to brain health. Discussions are limited to brain health only. Bipolar, Depression, and Schizophrenia topics are best suited for discussion on those communities

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Looking for some information

I put my condition into Google and I could not find any answers. So I bring it to you folk.

Over the past couple of years I've been having these moments where I will live, as normal, albeit unconsciously. As if my mind has been loaned out for a bit. I have no idea or recollection of what happens during these moments, other than what I'm told by other people (who are completely unaware that it's happening as I, apparently, operate completely as I normally would).

An example would be this evening:
I don't recall slipping into the state of unconscious living, but I remember coming to at the end of a conversation with my sister. I had seemingly negotiated a free bag of cookies from her (which was good). However, I was left with a thumping headache and my right eye still hurts several hours later (this usually happens).

I have to call this 'unconscious living' because I'm unsure as to what the correct term is.

Any help, information, or comments on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Simon
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi Simon,

I just finished reading your comments. I'm wondering if you have been to
see your family doctor regarding these symptoms. If you haven't talked to your doctor about this, I think you should. I wish I could provide you with
some other help or information, but I've never heard anything like these
symptoms before. Perhaps some other people on Medhelp recognize
the symptoms you're describing and can tell you what it is. Good luck, Eve :)
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
I'd see your primary physician and see what he/she recommends.  Maybe somebody else will have some info regarding your question.  Wish I could help more, but not familiar.

C~
Blank
Thanks for the suggestions!
I will try to see my GP.
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
If you can, please stop back and post after your appointment!
Blank
Don't waste your time with a family doctor. Find a neurologist that specializes in TBI. Have them do not only an MRI but a Functional MRI (fMRI).

I had something similar to your symptoms and after 5 years with no diagnosis, I finally found the right doctor. I was amazed that in 5 years, not a single doctor (and I went to several) ever asked me if I had ever taken any blows to the head. Turns out I've had several concussions over my 53 years (too many to count).

The only reason I finally was diagnosed was when my nephew (a star high school and college lacrosse player) was talking about his symptoms before he was diagnosed and everything he described was what I was going through.

If you've ever had a bonk to your head, don't discount the effects.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Brain Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank