Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

?????

what are the chances of my pit tumor coming back? I haven't seen a doctor in 5 years because I hate the meds and now I feel some symptoms returning. could it just be me aging and not being on my meds?
Sorry that you are not feeling very good.

If you are feeling symptoms it would be good to go see a neuroendocrinologist.and have bloodwork and a follow up MRI.

The chances or it coming back depend on what type you had, the surgeon and more. But yes, they can recur.

If it ends up that it is the meds causing ur probs maybe there is another med or way to use it where the side effects are not as bad. You are not forced to take meds either, but then you need to decide with your doc to keep things monitored more regularly and or that surgery might be an option.

Feel Better
horselip

If it is back, which i hope not, it's better to catch it earlier as surgery would be so much easier.

There is a saying that once a pituitary paetient, always a pituitary patient.
Totally agree with Horsey... mine grew back right away.

I highly advocate, as much as it is hated, that you need regular monitoring. Once a pit patient, always one - and you have to keep an eye on them either with testing or MRI - usually both. Testing is better.

In a lot of cases, hormones can change because post-op, things may, can or do get lost just from having the first surgery as well.
Pain Tracker
Pain
melimeli commented on veronica0808's status
5665 commented on Think LYRICA was culp...
Jul 21
Sandyruiz1962 added the Gastro Tracker
Jul 19