Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
13 year old sister experiencing a blackout

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Hello my 13 year old sister has been expereincing blackouts for the past year while trying to stand up slowly even and while walking there are very brief but has no effect on her memory but she has mentioned to m that the blackouts have decreased overtime is this a non specific symptom or can this be a symptom of a brain tumor??  her blood pressure was checked at the neurologist office and it was normal and the bloodwork came back normal other then being broderline anemic
and on top of that i forgot to mention the neurologist  is sending her to have a brain mri ct scan of the mri EEG and to see a cardiologist
So the doctor is doing the right thing - he is checking her out for any cardiac issues (which is possible) and any possible lesions.

It is not a specific symptom but obviously not a good one. The EEG is to check for epilepsy or stroke activity.

Until you get any testing back, it will be hard to tell - but keep us posted!
HI rumpled when my sister use to experience it more frequently she was under alot of stress and ever since her stress has gone down the frequency of the blackouts have gone down but its still happening so can it be relator to strss or tension?   i kno i have looked up her blackout symptom to the brain tumr and it does not match to any of the sympotms for the brain tumor so my guess the brain tumor symptom is less likely?
also Her stress was a personal stress which hshe experience more frequent blackout episodes but as her stress is gone the frequency of the blackout has decreased the only possible symptom i have came across is synocope or hypotension which is still kind of vague but since there are lot of possibilities can this be more relatedsome kind of a  cardiac issue?
There can be reasons like vasovagal syncope, or other reasons - so since the causes for blackout can vary and I am not a medical professional, just a patient like most that post here, I am just not in a position to do much else than help support and sympathize at this point. No one can diagnose over the internet and a lot more data would be needed by the doctor anyway.

The doc is sending her to a cardiologist for a reason - those cardiac possibilities have to be ruled out as well.
Pain Tracker
Pain
sherry301e79 joined this community
Welcome them!
Jun 24
melimeli commented on specialmom's status
Jun 22
melimeli commented on spider6's status
Jun 22