Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Acromegaly/post surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Acromegaly/post surgery

Hi, I had a pituitary macroadenoma that produced growth hormone and proclactin removed in 2004. surgery was considered successful with normal growth hormone,IGF1 and prolactin levels since. I have developed Hypothyroidism since surgery. I'm just wondering about others' post-surgery experiences.
That is pretty normal. TSH is usually not valid post any pituitary surgery (had cushing's and prolactinoma, two separate tumors).

I have since become panhypopit.

Growth hormone often becomes an issue, so I hope they are watching that with you as well. You should be monitored often for changes. I have a lot, so I get monitored every 4 months, but depending on how stable you are, you can go 6 months or so, but I would still see a doc regularly.
Wow. Does that happen a lot after pituitary surgery? Becoming panhypopit? How long after your surgeries did that become an issue. Thanks for the info.
Oh sorry - becoming hypopit happens sometimes, becoming panhyopit is not the norm and mine was not really due to my surgery but having an aggressive tumor and having most of the other organs removed. I was pretty much diseased all over for most of my endocrine system. Lucky me. not.

It all happens differently but being monitored is key - as changes do happen. But I do know that TSH becomes invalid immediately - that the testing should be the T4 and T3 and preferably the frees as that will tell the doc what the thyroid is really doing, as TSH is really a pit test.
Pain Tracker
Pain
melimeli commented on renae176's status
melimeli commented on Feels like life is ov...
Feb 09
melimeli commented on Jewels63's status
Feb 08