Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Arachnoid Cyst-Pituitary & Pineal Cyst - Pineal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

I have been diagnosed via MRI with a 9.5 mm pineal cyst and unknown size of Arachnoid cyst in pituitary gland.  I also suffer from chronic daily migraines (for years) most recently I have started with blurred vision (mostly in right eye) and severe pain behind my right eye going to the back of my head.  It feels like my head is in a vise and nails being hammered into the right side of my head (mostly feels as if it is behind my right eye) I also have severe dizziness, nausea and vomiting and also a seizure disorder.  (I have had 4 witnessed Grand Mal seizures).  I have been to several neurologists through out the years.  The current neurologist that I see just seems to admit me to the hospital and pumps me up with all kinds of different drugs.  No testing, nothing but drugs that make me sick.  The question I would like to ask is the pineal gland and pituitary gland affect my right eye blurring vision and headaches behind the eye with alot of pressure and also pain in the back of my head?  The reason I am asking this is I know there is a non invasive surgery to remove these cysts and I feel that if it is non-invasive and if these cysts are affecting my vision and headaches worsening, I would like to take the chance and have them removed and maybe just maybe these damn headaches, etc, would possibly go away or at least give me a break once in a while.  I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question if you can and I realize you don't know me and don't know my medical records, etc., but if you could at least tell me the location of these two glands and if the cysts that are in the glands would affect my right eye vision changes.  Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you soon and if you have any other questions that might help you answer my question, please feel free to ask.  Thanks
Yes, cysts in that area cause visual symptoms as well as probably a lot of the others you are experiencing. They are very close to the optic nerve.

Find a neuro-opthomologist and get an exam. Find a neuro-endocrinologist for testing. That doc will guide you to the right surgeon. No neuro will know how to treat you.

As for the pit, do you mean Rathkes cleft cyst? An arachnoid cyst is in the lining of the brain, not in the pituitary.

The surgery to treat you is non-invasive, sort of - it is via the nose - endoscopic. You will need to find a very experienced surgeon.

The symptoms will not go away until the cause is treated. Get to the right doctors and you will get better.