Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Arachnoid Cyst and Spinal Anesthesia..Please any help????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

i am pregnant with twins, and i need a csection...i have a arachnoid cyst in my head, found out i have it 5 years ago...would spinal anesthesia affect it? since the cyst is filled with spinalfluid, and the anesthesia is injected into the spinal fluid..anyone know about this? or have expierenced it yourself?
Contact the anesthesiologist at the hospital and let them know in advance about your condition and your concerns. They should be able to respond.

I did find this:
"Arachnoid cysts may be intracranial or extracranial in the neuraxis and may present with headache and neurological signs or acutely with rupture and its complications. We report a case of spinal anaesthesia for elective caesarean section in a woman with an intracranial arachnoid cyst of the posterior fossa. We are unaware of any other such case reports published in the English language."

That was just one case.

"Intracranial Arachnoid Cyst: Anesthetic Management in Pregnancy ... Clinicians agreed there was no contraindication  to spinal or epidural anesthesia. ..."

Pain Tracker
Pain
sherry301e79 joined this community
Welcome them!
Jun 24
melimeli commented on specialmom's status
Jun 22
melimeli commented on spider6's status
Jun 22