Aa
A
A
Close
Arachnoid Cyst and Spinal Anesthesia..Please any help????
i am pregnant with twins, and i need a csection...i have a arachnoid cyst in my head, found out i have it 5 years ago...would spinal anesthesia affect it? since the cyst is filled with spinalfluid, and the anesthesia is injected into the spinal fluid..anyone know about this? or have expierenced it yourself?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
657231 tn?1453836403
Contact the anesthesiologist at the hospital and let them know in advance about your condition and your concerns. They should be able to respond.

I did find this:
"Arachnoid cysts may be intracranial or extracranial in the neuraxis and may present with headache and neurological signs or acutely with rupture and its complications. We report a case of spinal anaesthesia for elective caesarean section in a woman with an intracranial arachnoid cyst of the posterior fossa. We are unaware of any other such case reports published in the English language."

That was just one case.

"Intracranial Arachnoid Cyst: Anesthetic Management in Pregnancy ... Clinicians agreed there was no contraindication  to spinal or epidural anesthesia. ..."

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Pain Tracker
Pain
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
Darleenl commented on 6 months after brain ...
Dec 06
296076 tn?1371338074
Blank
melimeli commented on KeeLolo's status
Nov 22
296076 tn?1371338074
Blank
melimeli commented on Hollus's status
Nov 09
Top Cancer Answerers
657231 tn?1453836403
Blank