BRAIN TUMOR AND CSF LEAK
Hi, a friend of mine---age 22 and a female has just recently discovered that she has a brain tumor at the base of her skull. She also has a csf leak---I don't know where--as they just did the testing today. She has been having migraines for about a month and has been very tired---wanting to sleep a lot and somewhat depressed. She discovered the growth on the back of her neck--below the hairline a few weeks ago. She has a blood clotting disorder but I don't know the exact term for it. She was in a car wreck a few years ago--and the car flipped three times--she was not wearing a seat belt. She suffered a broken pelvis--broken collarbone---broken ribs and has a metal plate in her head (at the forehead area) fractured skull. Could the blood disorder or car wreck have caused the tumor and csf leak? Also both of her eyes swelled almost closed a few days ago. She has had an x-ray--ct scan--mri---and now a dye test. Please, let me know as she is scared and mostly alone---with not much family. Her mother died when she was only 7 monthes old and her dad lives in Europe. Thank you, so much, regards--Angel.
For sure an accident can cause CSF leaks. As for a tumor, I have not heard it - I know it may cause scar tissue to form though.

CSF leaks will cause horrible headaches. Laying flat, and caffeine help CSF leaks in general. Of couse, that is with the permission of her doctor. Different people require different things. Usually they have medications to try and if they do not work then they try to locate the leak and patch it.

Do they know what the tumor is at the base of her spine yet?