Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Brain Cyst or Tumor?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Brain Cyst or Tumor?

Hello, I'm 15 years old, and about a month ago, I noticed a bump on my head, it's on the back, right where the back hairline starts, right side, kind of touching the neck area. It's hard, and I feel fine, but is this a brain tumor or a cyst? Is there any way to find out if I should go to the doctor or not? && I'm very scared, I heard that brain tumors are very scary.

Does removing a brain tumor prove fatal sometimes, and does it leave a scar?
&& what kind of biospy would take place if this was serious?
There is just no way to tell without going to a doctor.

Yes, tumors are scary. There is no way to get around that. But there is no telling if what you have is a tumor or not unless you get it checked out. Have you asked a parent to look at it?

Removal and the risks all depends on where it is. I had one in the center of my head and they went up through my nose so no scar. Often they use small incisions now behind the ear or the eyebrow (again, all this depends on where the tumor is and the size) and so the scars are tiny).

I think you should talk to an adult and get to a doctor - it is impossible to diagnose anything over the internet.