Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Brain Tumour (Left intraventricular astrocytoma)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Hi, Can anyone please help me in understanding this. My mom is 55 yrs old. when she was 42 she was operated for Brain tumour doctors said she had left intraventricular astrocytoma, couple fo days before she had the brain tumour operation doctors had placed shunt tubes that drains fluid from her brain to her stomach. After this operation she was paralysed on her right she can walk but with the help of walker and also has partial memory loss till now. The biopsy of the tissue removed in the operation was cancerous and she had taken radiotherapy for 6 months.  MRI doesn't show any or little growth of the cancerous cells.She had been taking eption 100 mg (non epileptic drug) since her operation 3 times a day. Recently 3 months back doctors had advised for urinary catheter life long because the bladder was not getting emptied and this was affecting her kidneys. She was administered antibiotics for a urine infection she had 2 days back.
But yesterday when she woke up in the afternoon after a short sleep she was completely blank didn;t respond to anything anyone said she was looking and not recognising anyone but this lasted for 15 min and she is fine again but hospitalised for observation.
Does anyone have any idea or seen any patients like this or suggest me anything you would like to.
Thank You
Vishal
Something like that may have been an epileptic episode, or they may want to observe in case of possible stroke - did you ask?

Plus they may want to watch her kidneys for the infection.

I think what you are doing, taking care of her and reporting changes is all you can do for now. She needs to rest and fight off the infection.
Pain Tracker
Pain
Surgery4dad commented on life after brain tumo...
Aug 31
LittleMissSweetie commented on Life after brain tumo...
Aug 28
mhv commented on photo
Aug 26