Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Brain mass and symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Brain mass and symptoms

I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome(Fatigue, Numbness and tingling,....).  I have high blood pressure, sleep apnea, hypothyroidism and developed type 2 diabetes about a year ago.  I have been sick for a couple of years.  The symptoms were not all explained by the diagnosis' that I have.  Thus the CFS diagnosis.

I had an MRI done this week.  They noted a small mass on my brain.  It was described as benign.  It had not shown up on the CT Scan done over a year ago.

So here is what I am wondering.
1)Could this be the thing that explains the symptoms from the CFS diagnosis?
2)Is 6 months til the rescan too passive?
3)After 2 years of disability, am I wrong to be anxious to explore the details and impact that this has and will have on my life?
Hi;

Anxiety just is. One can't be wrong or control it usually.
   I'm not a Dr. but feel 6 mos to 1 yr. are reasonable time frames for repeat MRI.
   I don't know about CFS and all your symptoms, as would consider diabetes as causing some of the feelings; Esp, numbness and tingling ( diabetic peripheral neuropathy ). Maybe some of the other feelings also. Needed, is to keep your blood sugar in check!
   Where is the mass located in the brain? Is it a white matter lesion?
   CT scans reveal bone better than soft tissue, so no surprise there.
   Just some thoughts...

Russ
Sometime they do not know. Diagnosed with idopathic poly neuropathy in legs. Please have blood checked and go to a specialist if you haven't already.  Hormones can cause fatigue. How is your sleep? Possible sleep problem. Check medications and side effects some medication can cause fatigue  poor circulation, and other problems.. Have full Blood work up and check family history. Hopefully you are seeing an endocrinologist and a neurologist get neve conduction testing done my neurologist. This can give you a lot of answers. Hope you get your answers. It is a lot of work and being patient but I truly believe you will get the answers you are looking for. By the way do you have EBV the ebstien barr virus? Have this checked out as well if you haven't already. Best wishes
I just got the neurologist about a couple of months back.  The endocrinoligist came into the picture about 2 weeks ago.  But they are finding out more and more.  My doctors are not 100% on board with how this is playing a role.  But I have found people who specialize with tumors in that area of the brain.  It does appear that the tumor is the cause of many of my issues.  But it is not common.  Only a couple of hundred people in the US, if that many, have the condition that I do.  I am getting alot of good support from a hospital that specializes in this.

I know that there are no easy answers in medicine for many cases.  But I would tell anyone that they need to advocate for themselves.  Had I allowed a doctor to try to convince me to just accept Chronic Fatigue as a diagnosis or to say I was depressed when I knew that I wasn't I would not have many of the answers that I do now.  2 and a half years of this and just found out that my testosterone levels are low.  And the doctors have not addressed many of my endocrine issues.  But now that I have a solid starting point we know what to look at.

I guess anxious was not the right choice of words.  Excited and interested may have been better.  I do feel that people should use resources like this if they are not satisfied with the medical treatment that they are receiving.  I appreciate the responses.