Brain tumour when MRI said no 3 years ago?
Hello, please help, 42 year old male. About 3 years ago, I started having numbness in my left arm and hand that would wake me up in the middle of the night. My first thought was a possible heart problem, and although my cholestorol is borderline high, the doctors said there was no immediate threat as long as I made changes to my diet.
Over the following 3 years, these numbness episodes came and went. In March 2008, I had an MRI on my head and neck and no problems were found. The doctor thought it might be something to do with a nerve in my neck, but a series of x rays and tests have founf nothing there.
In September this year, the episodes became more frequent and more severe - both arms and hands crippled when waking up in the middle of the night, taking several seconds to shake them back into life. I started having pains and a squeezing sensation in the sides of my chest, palpatations, and severe pains in my shoulder blades. During the day, my shoulder blades and arms would often ache. More heart tests were done, but again, nothing found, ECGs etc. Just more advice to watch my diet.
December 3rd this year, I started having headaches. These would be all over my head, sometimes on the top, sometimes at the back, the sides, even the base of the skull. I also started having shooting pains in the right side of my head during the day, that last a second or so. And I kept waking up with numbness in both arms and now also leg cramps.
2 nights ago, I awoke at 3.30am with a terrible headache, it felt the whole front of my face was throbbing. I took an ibuprofen tablet to calm it down, but I had a headache (mainly at the back of my head) all day yesterday. This morning was worse than ever. I couldn't get to sleep, every time I lay down the headache would get worse, and also, I'd feel twitching sensation in my right leg and arm, not like a fit, just one twitch each time I felt myself dozing off, to wake me up. And it felt like my whole body was throbbing. I still feel achey now, lunchtime, but not as bad as earlier.
I'm also suffering pain behind my eyes, particularly my right eye, and 'floating shapes' when I look at a white screen or wall, or even a white cloudy sky or snow. The Doctor just says I need my eyes testing, I may need new glasses, as I use PCs and screens for work 10 hours a day. This started the same day as the headaches.

Doctors say 'no, this isn't a brain tumour', and want to do more x-rays on my neck, because they say I have bad posture. But everything I read online suggests symptoms of brain tumour. This week I have started feeling nauseous, have missed evening meal 4 times in 7 nights because I just can't face food.
My problem is this, if I had mild forms of this arm paralysis 3 years ago, and an MRI showed no tumours, could the worsening of this, and further symptoms, mean that there was something that they missed, which has now grown too big to ignore?
It sounds more like a nerve issue to me, a layman. There is are expert forums where you can ask a doctor to reply but with a clear MRI and a doctor telling you are ok... have you seen a neurologist?
Having had several members of my family with cancerous brain tumors, what they say on the internet is eh... cousin never had a headache - so reading general stuff does not really help.
Yes, I saw a neurologist three years ago, when I first started having the arm numbness, but she looked at the MRI scan and said there was nothing she'd be worried about, she also did reaction tests, making me walk a straight line etc, and said everything was fine. But that was 3 years ago, and in the last 3 months, the arm cramps have got worse and spread to my legs, and in the last 3 weeks a whole load of other stuff like the headaches, the twitching, the floaters and feeling generally ill.
I'm now terrified of going to bed, as this stuff really only overwhelms me when I'm lying down :-( Otherwise, I notice it there, but have to work through it.
Go back and get another check up - make sure nothing has changed. No sense in being scared. It may not be a tumor but at least see what it is.