Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Brain tumour?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Brain tumour?

Hello, this is possibly a silly question but I am worried sick. My mum has been getting frequent headaches, particularly at night and in the morning. She is sleepless. We're not sure if it is the headaches waking her or her natural sleep pattern. She went to see a doctor today who referred her to a neurologist as her symptoms seemed "odd". I know it's early days but I'm so scared there is something seriously wrong. I don't know what I'd do or how I'd cope if something was seriously wrong.
Does this sound like a likely cause of her problems? Or am I likely having a silly over reaction?
Thank-you
This is a patient forum so we are just regular people supporting each other. That being said, even a doctor cannot diagnose anyone over the internet.

Your mom has done the exact right thing - she went to the doctor and the doctor referred her on to a specialist.

The problem is that headaches is a very non-specific symptom. It can mean so many things from sinus to hormones to tumor to migraines that it is impossible to determine anything from that symptom. She needs examination, history and testing to determine what is going on and hopefully it is something that not a tumor - as tumors are pretty rare any way.

As for your anxiety, I would reach out to friends or a counselor or even your doctor about it.

We all think we cannot cope with anything serious - alas, we do manage to make it through.