Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Calcified Choroid Plexus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Calcified Choroid Plexus

Can someone kindly interpret the following for me please?

"There is a calcified focus within the fourth ventricle, consistent with calcified choroid plexus".
Was this a CT or MRI?

With so little info, it is hard to comment much... I did find this in a radiology site:

"Calcification of the choroid plexus of the lateral ventricle is considered to be physiologic, as are calcifications of the pineal body, falx cerebri, and pacchionian bodies. Its frequency is in proportion to age and has been variably reported as from 6.1 per cent to as many as 28 per cent of all persons over twenty years of age (1–4). The calcification is usually limited to the glomus of the choroid and is quite characteristic, being likened to a popped kernel of corn or to a cluster of glass beads (5). It occurs bilaterally in most instances. When unilateral, the clustered circinate shadows of the choroid plexus will distinguish it from a displaced pineal gland, which has a more irregular group of calcific shadows."

Without other data - like the rest of the report normal? Were you there for a particular reason? I am only a layman, so my my best guesses are all I can do, but with little to go on, I cannot even guess well. I hope the doctor does more investigation and you keep us posted.