Calcified tumor in the right thalamus
MRIs have confirmed the existence of a tumor in the right thalamus.  It is suspected that the tumor is calcified. I assume that means that the tumor does not grow.  Since the thalamas is small does the tumor exert pressure on the surrounding thalamus tissue?  If there is pressure on the surrounding tissue is sensory input affected?  I have no health care insurance so followup MRIs and neurology appointments are currently not affordable.  JerryJ
Is there the possibility of obtaining aid or getting insurance (medicaid, medicaire, etc?)

Is this a primary tumor or a mestastisized (sp) tumor? Is it fully calcified? If it is fully calcified and not causing symptoms and as I have found some papers that indicate that it may be benign, if your doctor has indicated that you can wait until you find insurance, you can wait.

But any tumor can cause issues, any size. Please find a way so you can be monitored.
My Father has a tumor on his left thalamus that was discovered a year after he had shaking and trembles on his right hand. After 8 months he started get blurred vision, 11 months he could not see clearly through both eyes and had lose of balance; he leans and falls to the right, this being the fact of the tumor is on the left hemisphere. The point I am trying to make is that mind any odd body behave. I think he would have had a better out come if he got a MRI or other diagnostic measures when his hand started to shake.