Can a chemical imbalance be related to a tumor in the pituitary gland?
I am baffled about where the cause of a Chemical Imbalace comes from, and could a tumor in the pituitary gland have any relation to it. If anyone could give me some insight or new information inregards to my concern please share.
Can you please define what you mean what you mean by chemical imbalance - electrolytes or hormones?
Do you have any particular symptoms?

I can give an example. I had Cushing's. It would normally cause high blood pressure due to an irregularity with the hormone renin that in turn would cause the body to hold on to too much sodium. Cushing's disease is caused by a pituitary tumor.

Addison's is the opposite - the sodium is low, and renin is high, and blood pressure is low. The rules are not hard and fast though - I had low blood pressure with both. One form of Addison's is caused by a tumor that prevents the pituitary from telling the adrenals to secrete cortisol when they should.

Without much information, that is the best I can do.
I had a tumour on pituatry gland, mine was cause through a chemical imbalance but this was due to taking antideppresants citlapram. It caused my prolatin level to rise which was caught through a blood test i had done.Sometimes this can be caused by a hormone imbalance, there are loads of sites on the web that can give you really good advice..
I had an mri and it showed that my pituatry gland was quote lumpy and malformed but that they were unfotunatley only able to viualise one side of it. they took no further action. even though my pro;action levels keep coming back high and i am very thin 6 st ( i dropped two and a half stone very rapidly without trying) and had milk leaking from my breasts ) I have repeatedly asked the doc if this is normal and she assures me its nothing to worry about, but as i have a host of symptoms I am worried and wonder if anyone knows what this could be . is it serious should i ask for another mri  thanks

li_tigress
Josh: What kind of chemical imbalances?
Missgrumpy: I've never heard that citalopram cause prolactinomas? Where did you get this info?
Lil tigress- You might start your own new thread. It can be confusing to answer multiple people. But no this is Not normal, you need to find a neuroendocrinologist and get a full pituitary lab workup. The MRI already show problems. A surgeon might want another one if you go this route but you need to start with a neuroendo.
Horselip
Joshua, If you are referring to chemical imbalance the way I've heard it, to do with mood, and you are having trouble with mood, I recommend you get thyroid function tested, because if the tumor is affecting your thyroid function, this can affect mood, so I'm thinking there may be a link there.

Lil_tigress- Yes, you need another MRI of your pituitary, a dynamic one with and without contrast.  If you can get it on the latest MRI equipment with 3 Tesla, they can get the best detail with that one.  And you also need to get yourself a new doctor, as the one who says it's nothing to be concerned about basically, sounds like an ignorant  physician and not the best doctor for you.  You do need a competent endocrinologist, preferrably a neuroendocrinologist as Horselip suggests.  You also should get thyroid function testing to see if you are now having hyperthyroidism causing weight loss.