Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Ct scan soon

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Ct scan soon

Hi all,

Symptoms began 3 months ago suddenly, heaviness in right arm, headaches at base of skull everyday, right side of face is in spasm, ringing in ears and feeling like they need popping, roof of mouth is numb, lightheaded, dizzy. Saw GP who ran bloods, just showed low b12 and very low iron, both of which I have now been taking as supplements for 2 months, although all symptoms are persisting. Tried OTC meds for headaches, no use. Tried migraine meds, no use. Prescribed tramacet by a emergency doc who refused to give a ct scan, saying that I did not have a tumor, no use.
I am now on 30mg of amitryptiline daily to try and reduce my anxiety and help me to sleep, which is has in part. I have been referred to a neurologist, but have been waiting 8 weeks and still no appointment. Scheduled for a ct scan on Monday morning and I am terrified of what they are going to find. I have a 2 yr old daughter and desperately want to see her grow up into a woman, I look after her every day and my health is affecting my capability to do so.
The headache and the anxiety has turned me into an irrational mess and just wanted to hear what you guys thought might be wrong and if there are any other paths I could take? I am also seeing an RMT and a nucca chiropractor to try and relieve the stress and tension.
It is quite possible you do not have a tumor, but may have a vascular compression or other benign condition causing your symptoms. An MRI would be better to visualize soft tissue lesions, and your neurologist may want to do this after your exam.

I recommend you start a symptom journal immediately. Document every symptom, what time of day, what you were doing, etc.  Doctors seem to take you more seriously if you give them your symptom history in writing, and they can see at a glance how long this has been going on and how it is impacting your life. Do not let them write it off as just anxiety.

Lets hope you have found one of those very rare neurologists who treats you with respect and concern for your condition!
Hello... while a CT may be scary, it should be fine.

Migraines can also be treated by abortives - medications that are taken daily and then medications for the headache when it gets bad, but the headaches should not be as bad when you are on an abortive medication.

B12 is a hard thing to raise - sometimes you are low in intrinsic factor - so you may need to use patches instead of pills if you cannot use shots. Iron is best from food so you don't get all the horrid side effects from the pills. How is your vitamin D and all? There could be other things that are low that could be causing some of your symptoms.