Desperate/scared/confused?!?
Last year (my first MRI) showed abnormal signals with expansion in the superior gurus of the left frontal lobe. Suggesting a very-slow growing neoplasm such as a low-grade glioma. I seen a neurosurgeon who said it was benign and suggested that we just watch it. Throughout the last few years I have been suffering from Severe migraines. I have taken different blood-pressure medications, antidepressants, anti-inflammatories, beta blockers, Seizure medications, supplements, pain killers, and receive Botox injections every 3 months ( i am sure i missed something). One of the medications even caused me to lose my short term memory ( i am a full-time student). My migraines will last for months at a time.  Over the last year I have been hospitalized on numberous occasions and my sensitivity to smell is far beyond anything you can fathom. Smells now cause and increase the severity of the migraine. I also often suffer from nausea and vomit. My neurologist insists that this thing in my brain has absolutely no relation to the migraines at all. Additionally, I resently had another MRI done and it reads that there has been no substantial change in the T2/flare hyperintence expansion of the superior gyrus of the left frontal lobe, which may reflect cortical dysplasia versus low-grade neoplasm. From what I have read on the cortical dysplasia the majority of people diagnosed are children and suffer from seizures. I am a 30 year old female and have never had a seizure in my life. I am so confused and scared  as how to proceed with all this. I feel that they should know what this thing is!!! As I understand it is not aggressive now but does that mean that it will always be like that? I also feel that my neurologist likes to throw medications at me like candy. I seen him today and I got 4 new scripts. One of which is an anti nausea but he gave it to me in a pill form. So if I am nauseous or vomiting a pill is not even going to work. So I don't know what to do. I am so confused.
Do you have the option for a second opinion? If so, I would go for it.

There are anti-nausea suppositories LOL... I take the pills as well - and surprisingly, they work fast so I have only lost a couple. I would also keep ginger tea around and ginger (real ginger) candies - that can help too when you are in the throes of a vomit fest.

Seizures can vary - so they can be subtle as well. Of course, what you said is *majority* so diseases can vary. I would hunt for a specialist in the disorder - look for papers - and someone who writes them, write him/her and see if you can see the doc or send records.

If just may or may not be something else - also the expert here reviews records for free - contact him and send in your records. As a surgeon they see more.
At this point I have no clue what the diagnosis is. That is the interpretation from the radiologist. So at this time I am not sure that it is appropriate to find a specialist?!?! I am new to all of this.  I have not seen my Neurosurgen yet. And I seriously dislike my neurologist!!! He kind of bit my head off the other day because when I was giving his intern a history and I told the intern I had a glioma. Which was/is my diagnosis until I am told otherwise.  I do not want to diagnose myself based on a radiology report I have no clue how to read. So annoyed!!!!!! So I think I will be getting that second opinion by default (switching doctors)! Thank you. And I have a post out to the expert now also. Thanks
I would find a specialist as the radiologist report is just an opinion and they can be very correct or they can be really wrong - so it is important to find a competent doctor and I would find a surgeon to read the films as well as they are better at it. My neuro cannot read films - some can, most cannot I think.

Keep us posted and hope you get good news.