Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Does this look like a pituitary tumor? (images inside)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

8702146?1357535100
I have been having blurry vision, debilitating fatigue, and extreme brain fog/cognitive problems for several years.  I am in such bad mental shape that I can't even remember where I am half the time, since I have no sense of time or space, and all of my senses are dulled.

I have been tested for low testosterone several times, and I want to figure out WHY.

I have attached a link to five photos on 'imageupper.com' of my pituitary from a recent MRI.  I am too confused at the moment because my eyes can't seem to focus, and was hoping someone could tell me if this was pituitary related or not.

http://imageupper.com/g/?S020001008L1357534803218568

Thank you so much,

lowbrainpower
With the low T - has LH and FSH been tested - as those are pituitary tests and would give you a clue if the pituitary is involved. There is also cortisol that can lower T as well. In other words there can be several sources in the pituitary to cause low T as well as other reasons. It could also be other hormones of other issues. What testing has been done besides the MRI?

We are patients - so unless it is a really obvious one, probably cannot pick it up. I did not see anything.

Have you seen an eye doc - had visual fields?
LH and FSH have not been tested.  When I mention a full hormone panel the doctor says this case is too difficult and I should be referred elsewhere.  I'm tired of other people being an authority over my health when they are too incompetent to do basic bloodwork.

Here are the tests I've had:
MRI
MRV
TSH test

Currently waiting on others.  I have seen countless doctors of all specialties.  

Thank you for your help.  I am going to push for the LH and FSH testing today.
Your case is too difficult??? They have not even done enough to determine that? Wow...

They should check all adrogens - estrogen, LH, FSH, and the full bio-available testosterone which should include sex binding hormone and dhea so that covers all forms and sources.

TSH alone is pretty useless - that only tests what the pituitary is telling the thyroid to do - not what the thyroid is doing with it - so bleah IMHO. I know for some odd reason the docs think it is the gold standard, but it just seems like half (or rather 1/3) the pic - you also need the storage (t4) and usage (t3) of what the thyroid does in order to get a full picture and the Free tests are better if you read up.

So it takes a bit of testing and more complete testing to really know what is at fault. Some of the health pages links can help you as well.
Thank you for your help.  I'm dumbfounded at the lack of intelligence that seems to be foundation of the medical profession.  I was smart and booked four different endo appointments this week with four different doctors in order to doctor shop.

Let's just say that when I asked the first endo why he kept insisting on TSH when it clearly doesn't show the whole picture, he ignored me.  I kept asking for Free T3 and Free T4 and he didn't give me an answer.

I don't know.... but in my experience with life, usually when you don't know something you get fired.  I guess this doesn't work when it really matters (the health of other human beings).

It doesn't help that I am so strung out and too tired (ie. don't have the right hormones) to be a man and fight him.  I guess it's back to high doses of adderall (adderrall) to get to my appointments and have the strength to fight for my life (literally).

Thanks again for the help, I really do appreciate your time.
It is tough to battle this when you least feel like it. Been there, done that.
Still struggling with crippling fatigue as well as all other symptoms.  I had a 24 hour urine cortisol test which came back extremely high.  I did this test 3 times and the endo said that it was nothing to worry about.  What an idiot.

I've since seen 2 other endos and none of them can give me a solid answer on why my cortisol is so high.  They seem to not think this is a problem.

When a patient comes into your office complaining of symptoms that make his quality of life zero, you'd think that you'd go a little deeper!

Do you have any idea on what could be causing cortisol levels to be this high?
Your endo seems to not be able to put together some basics - low T and high cortisol is pretty standard for Cushing's syndrome.  It IS a problem - but for some reason, most endos cannot and will not diagnose the disease like there is a weird limit that they cannot because the quota has been reached for the year...

They have to test more to find the source and it can take quite a bit of testing to find the source and the diagnosis. It is quite complex. I had Cushing's myself. I know a lot of people with it - and most of us take years and many doctors to get to the bottom of it. You do have to find an expert.