Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Eye Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Eye Pain

i am a 27 yr old male with a pituitary tumor. i am taking medication to lower prolactin lvls. i am get really bad headaches. they seem to be focused behind my left eye and temple. does anyone happen to know if that is tumor related? if not what is causing it to be only right there?
Is this a change after the medication?
Have you seen a neuro-opthomologist, and are you being followed by your doctor regularly for MRIs, tests and all?

The meds do have side effects - so you need to determine if it is a side effect or if the med is not working. If you have not had levels taken recently (I get mine taken quarterly), I would get them done. I would speak to the doc and/or pharmacist about the headaches - see doc if you do not get satisfaction about answers.
Avatar n tn
thank you for helping rumpled, i havent seen my doc in about 2 months. but i did just see the eye doctor and he said it has nothing to do with the tumor or the meds. I had a lapse in time with my meds for about a week due to an insurance issue and thats when it started. it went on for about 3 weeks and stopped. idk, i just find it to be 2 much of a coincidence to happen while i had the lapse. i figure the meds worked its way out of my system and and then the headaches began. what do you think?
Did the headaches stop? I took the meds to lower prolactin and they are known to have "adjustment" symptoms - so that for the first few weeks, you will have more issues, then adjust.

But if you stopped the meds they you may have had withdrawal, tumor symptoms (yes, they do cause headaches even though the docs deny it)

There are also other meds to try if you don't like the one you are on.

I agree that the meds worked out, and headaches started - but it is not good to have lapses. If your tumor is one that likes to grow, it was just given the opportunity to do so.

Avatar n tn
i am went back on the same meds about a week after the lapse. the headaches continued for about 3 weeks. i agree, it may be withdrawal. but can that withdrawal taget one spot in my head and only that one spot?
Avatar n tn
*target
Hope not... are you getting regular MRIs?
(lack of edit means a few typos - it is ok!)
Avatar n tn
i havent had one in about a year
I hope you get an annual one. I try to push to get one annually at least. Some docs resist if you are stable. But if you have symptoms, I would ask.
Avatar n tn
k, ty for your help.. i appriciate it
Pain Tracker
Pain
melimeli please take the survey at t... Comment
Jul 28
melimeli commented on veronica0808's status
Jul 23
5665 commented on Think LYRICA was culp...
Jul 21