Flushing
Is the flushing in cushings similar to the flushing in menopause?  My docs have told me my flushing was menopause. Some people have even commented that I look like I just got back from a trip.  For me this flushing comes and goes and I've been trying to figure out what my triggers are.  I know it's not heat.
I've wondered about my cortisol myself, although all numbers are in normal range that they've measured.  I am in surgical menopause.  When I asked the neuroendocrinologist about her ordering a 24 hour urine for cortisol, which I've never had done, she responded by ordering a carcinoid 24 hour urine test, though she though my flushing (which I mentioned was with stress) was likely related to my hysterectomy.  I get flushed extremely easily when I am stressed or even excited.  I sometimes can tell I am flushed because a pain can come in my cheek below my left eye.  I ask am I flushed and the answer is yes.
No.

I have experienced both. The flushing in menopause is hot, quick, and happens at random, and raises your temp. It comes up from below, and typically passes fairly quickly.

The Cushing's redness is different - it looks like you have a fever, high blood pressure, or ironically, look very healthy with red cheeks in what I have seen in myself and others. I used to get red, not really notice, but co-workers wanted me to go see a nurse as they saw a change. I was cyclical and so my face would change but I have seen others that just stay constantly red which in the end, I would as well - I have a pic in my pics I think.  I did not feel temp changes in my face with the flush - but I did have overall problems with managing temperature in my body overall.

Thank you for letting me take a peak at the pics.  That is what I look like sometimes it comes and goes. When you said a healthy glow that is so true and that is why some people have asked if I was on a trip.  I've always been embarrassed about it cuz I was thinking everyone must know I'm in menopause.   I'm just adding up all my symptoms for a new doc.  Oh and the hump is that on the back area between the shoulder blades or is it more on the neck?  Mine seems to be at the bone where the neck and back meet.  I feel like a linebacker for a football team.
Mine is just below the neck as well - mine is not large, some people have very large ones. Mine has still not gone away.

I have seem pics of some that are lower when they get larger.

I totally understand the linebacker.