Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Have I got a brain tumour

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Have I got a brain tumour

sorry I have posted before but I am constantly worried about having a brain tumour, especially because I am 34 weeks pregnant and while Doctors think I should have an MRI scan once the baby is born, my symptons have not been severe enough to warrant the risk of an mri while pregnant.

My main problem is a constant pressure feeling above left handside of head.  It started with tingling in April and probably went away from mid June to mid Aug when it came back.  It is 90% in left handside of head, occassionally I feel it on top of head or right handside of head.  I have this nearly every day and it is not a severe headache, it is just something that I am aware of.  Sometimes the pressure increases but not to severe levels.  I can also feel like I am going numb in left hand side of face but I am not actually numb.  Maybe I should best describe it as my face feeling tight.

I saw a neurologist back in April and passed all manual tests with flying colours and he said he was not worried but needed to do mri.  Then I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant so couldn't.

I had a thorough eye exam 2 weeks ago and I was told everything was looking fine. I had explained my worries.

However, just half an hour ago I was reading and found I was struggling.  It was as if the outer area of my vision field was blurry and now this has really stressed me out.  It lasted about 5 - 10 mins before eyes felt normal again (if felt like it was my right eye that was most affected).  Then I wonder if it was because I read about eye sight being affected by brain tumours that subconciously I have started to let this information affect me.

I just feel upset that I might have a brain tumour, might not live to see my children grow up and perhaps I should be getting it treated now (ie not wait till baby is born for mri).  I really hate being in limbo but equally I dread the result.
  I have read that hormone changes during pregnancy can cause vision changes, but then, hormone changes during pregnancy can also cause pituitary prolactinomas.
Hopefully, your symptoms will subside after your baby is born. If not, be sure your doctors  closely monitor your condition. Prolactinomas often disappear after birth, and the resultant hormone changes.
Hi, Im a male, obviously not pregnant but im just like you... CONSTANTLY worrying if i have brain tumor, in fact i havent stopped thinking of it for a long time.
Sometimes i feel like my vision is going to go blurry, and that soon subsides (it dosent get blurry)
Then i feel pain in  my temple region and stinging in the back of my head.
Also i have tingling in my cheek.... which scares me
And i have a pain behind my eye.

Send me a message so we can talk more

Feel better!
Well my head has not been bothering me too much but my eyes are panicking me a wee bit.  Mostly they are fine but on Monday there, I had a blurry sensation in the outer field of my vision of right eye that last a few minutes and only went away when I took myself out of the room that was full of xmas lights and decorations.  Then this morning, I woke up, put my glasses on and turned to look up at the light and felt I was seeing double lights.  Funnily enough, when I looked at anything else, it all seems to be normal.  Anyway I have booked another eye exam for next week just to be sure that all is ok.  I am still pregnant with 2 weeks today and I did have a very bad sleep last night and was extremely tired anyway.

I do take comfort from the fact that someone has already posted to you that if it was a brain tumour, the vision problem generally stays with you.  I think I am starting to worry about MS now
had my eyes checked yesterday by  optician and told back of eyes looking fine and healthy but very dry and this can cause brief double vision when I wake up.  A bit of relief for now.