Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Headache when shaking head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Headache when shaking head

Every time I shake my head up and down i feel slight pain on my left upper side. Also, when I shake it lightly, I don't feel it, I have to shake my head a bit more. I have felt this for some time, but not all the time, just most of the time. Some days, I just don't feel it. On a scale where the strongest pain is 10, I would describe this as 1, maybe occasionally 2.
I am afraid this could be a brain tumor and I keep obsessing with that.
Thank you all for answers.
I would see an ENT and get your ears checked. Then maybe an eye doctor as eye doctors can also can see signs of brain tumors. Why - your issues seem to be related to movement so it sounds like inner ear or maybe something (odds are not a tumor) with your eyes.
I have experienced the same pain today morning and yesterday night on shaking my head.  
What is the cause of such pain.
Please help me how should I diagnose this pain. Do I need to worry?
You cannot be diagnosed on the internet. Please see a doctor.

It could be dental, nerve or other pain. Only your doctor can determine the cause.
This is the biggest bunch of ******** I've ever seen. This website is utterly notorious for trying to make people's fears even worse. The people asking the questions don't give any context and yet you utter the word tumor back to them, only setting their mind off and making whatever symptom they have even worse. To anybody reading this and worried about a tumor, are the headaches getting worse over a period of months and beginning to be unrelenting? Are they accompanied by severe neurological complaints like seizures or vision loss? If these things don't develop within 2.5 months of headaches then you are fine. My god, it's a shame what people have to go through because of online MDs.
Rumpled said, "odds are not a tumor" in response to this question. She also said you cannot be diagnosed online and see a doctor. No where did she fan the flames of fear and hypochondria.
Anthony,
I would be careful giving out timelines for headaches and possible tumors. This could be construed as a diagnosis and people should not be diagnosed online by non- medical professionals.
I am not a doctor, I am a patient. This is a patient forum and for patient support.

I am sorry you took my post as fanning fears, I do try not to do so. I also have experience with a cousin who has a cancerous brain tumor currently (he is expected to pass shortly) who never had a headache before diagnosis.

There are times when my responses, yes, are not so complete and don't cover everything but I am frequently ill myself. I try to cover that by hoping people will see a doctor in person. If a person comes back, I try to get more information and help further, within my limitations.

Thanks for the support Sickandtired!
I have been experiencing pain when I shake my head. Went to my GP she couldn't find a n infection but put me on antibiotics and prednisone. She said if that didn't work she wanted to do a brain scan. I think its pathetic that she can't doctor better than that. The entire exam lasted less than 7 minutes in which time the only information I got was that I was a puzzle as I have no sensitivity to light, no dizziness etc. Amazing how you can trip up a doctor with simple symptoms.  I wish my old doc was not retired.
With current insurance restrictions, doctors only get a few minutes per patient and means they have to rule out the most common and work to the less common. It can take time and a lot of frustration on the part of the patient to get to something when symptoms are pretty non specific.

While your symptoms are simple, they are simply not specific to one disorder but thousands. Unless or until you have other symptoms that help pinpoint to several or one, it is kinda hard...

Did you get your scan?
This is happening to me too, when I shake my head it hurts on the upper left side of my head. It feels like my brain is getting tossed in my skull.
I just had my surgery two weeks ago. Flowers are nice but the reality is my visitors enjoyed them more than I did since I don't have my sense of smell. I really enjoyed lip balm and comfortable socks! A card is always nice and maybe a book!
This obviously posted to the wrong  question . I am sorry!
Pain Tracker
Pain
sherry301e79 joined this community
Welcome them!
Jun 24
melimeli commented on specialmom's status
Jun 22
melimeli commented on spider6's status
Jun 22