Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Headaches over 6 months. WORRIED SICK

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Headaches over 6 months. WORRIED SICK

hello my names jose im 22 years old... and i am worried sick if  my headaches are brain tumor related, i been getting for over 6months some days i get them but most of the time i do, sometimes on left sometimes on right. i saw my GP and he sent me to get eyetest becuase apprentlly they could tell if u got blood pressure from ur brain it will show in ur eyes, anyways my eyetest was all fine but the headaches aint gone away, when i get them and i move my head they get worse but when i lay down it gets better , or if i take paracetmol withhin 30 minutes it goes away, my GP said its to do with stress and a cammon thing which is called tension headaches fom stress or worrying, i rode on 1 of the website another brain tumor headache sypthome is hand twicthing i been getting that few times aswell. can anyone help?

Thank u
Hi Jose.
Yeah, headaches are tough huh?
There is a such thing as a tension headache but it sounds like you "feel" fobbed off. Are you a worrier or anxious type of person?

It's good that the paracetamol works for you. But, yes headaches can be caused by tumors. But headaches can also be caused by tons of other things too. Are there other things going on that makes you think that it might be a tumor symptom-wise? When did the hand twitching begin? That does not seem like a normal type of thing to be happening to supposedly healthy 22 year old person.

You could ask your GP to refer you to a headache specialist or neurologist. Then the specialist can see you and look at all of your symptoms and history. They can also order lab tests and an MRI (or other type of scan).
Sincerely-
Horselip
thanks for ur comment horselip, and yeah i do worry alot, before i was worried about having hiv for 6months even doe the results showed negative, soon as something happens i think the worse, becuase of a sorten doctor in essex told me i had 9 months left to live due to hart problems then after seein the specialist it was clear that , that certain doctor did a very big mistake, i had nothing wrong with me so now im sueing him, since then i been a worrying person, only thing thats making me think of brain tumour is that i never had a headache lasting up to 6months, it comes on and of, 1 day i might not have it compeletly another 3-4 days stright very bad headache, its like something squashing ur head kinda feeling. my hand twictching began 2 years ago, i dont know if its becuase of weak muscle but my left hand twitchs when i try to keep them still, my right hands fine

do you think it could be becuase of worrying?
That kind of stress yes, could cause headaches.

I imagine too now that you have a hard time trusting doctors - with reason...

However, if you only have a headache, other symptoms come with brain tumors - I would worry less and get evaluated for migraines.
Yeah i went for the migraine check, apprently its not that, i vomit alot aswell soon as i get nervous, but thats only if im nervous,

so brain tumour doesnt come alone with the headache?
It can but it is just not the only thing... and some tumors don't even cause headaches.

Vomiting can hormonal as well as emotional - and some headaches can make you vomit. Migraines make people vomit. Your headaches go away with meds - that is a very good thing and a good sign that it is not a tumor to a great extent - so feel lucky and concentrate on just doing things to reduce your stress.
Thanks for ur comment and Advice, Aprricated :)