Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Help needed identifying changes in brain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Hello, I need help identifying changes that has occurred in the brain.  I have uploaded side by side pics of the scans on Googledocs: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1nhHyft5KuqAKSdyg8GYsWtMDjrcFfdyojrPhq3XHnDM/edit
We are in discussion with the NS, but he is unsure if what we are seeing is a regrowth of a colloid cyst.  There are other changes in the brain that may be the cause of symptoms which include personality changes, headaches etc...
I would like if someone with knowledge could shed light on what the differences are in the before/after pics.  Just to let you know, these pictures are two years apart.  There was another scan taken one year post op, but that did not show any lesion in the third ventricle area.  Thank you for any help.
We are patients and we don't read films.  

There is an expert here that may do it for free, just contact him.

Bummer if it grew back though that is just not fun. Are they talking more surgery or radiation this time?
Sorry, I thought there was both experts and patients on this site.  No problem I will take down the pics.  Cyst has regrown 6 previous times.  It is benign and radiation would not do anything.  I don't know if we are moving toward more surgery.  Already has injury from so many previous surgeries.  Thanks for letting me know.
There are experts on the site but he will only read films sent to him.

Sorry to hear about the re-growth.  Since you don't give many details it is hard to comment on symptoms but size and or location (right now not on computer but mobile so makes it harder to flip around and see pics!) can certainly impact you in many ways so don't always let them get away with the whole no symptom it it benign argument that often happens. Radiation can be used on benign lesions as well if they are aggressive so perhaps you should get more opinions as after so many surgeries, there is also a scar tissue build up and potential, I believe for more nerve issues but radiation has a lot of risk too but may end the cycle for you. There are several types and should be investigated carefully for what works not just what the hospital has handy if you decide on that route.

Or perhaps you already did investigate?  Sounds like you have a complex case.