Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
High Creatinine Clearance & Low TSH

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

High Creatinine Clearance & Low TSH

Hi, I am still wondering if these labs should be concerning. No diagnosis yet but I really think something is wrong with me. Anyone out there who can give me some insights would be greatly appreciated.
More blood and urine results have come in and everything is "normal" except my TSH continues to be low: .16 (.35-4.94) and my Creatinine Clearance is HIGH: 153 (90-140). My fT4 is lower normal range: .96 (.71-1.85) and fT3: 3.3 (2.3-4.2). I've had a massive amount of other blood work that are all with "normal" ranges. I can provide them if needed.  Just dont know where to get answers. Thanks!
Symptoms include :
intermittent Hypothyroid symptoms
severely painful and heavy menstruation
kidney stones
flank pain
memory loss
cognition decreased
severely oily skin
mid-day fatigue
occasional sensory or visual anomolies (i.e. olfactory hallucinations, vertigo with peripheral flashes of light, floaters)
The TSH is a pituitary test - were other pituitary tests done - a pituitary MRI?

The creatinine test is for kidney - and eGFR issues on the testing? Sounds all that is related to the kidney stones (owww!)

Who is testing you - endo, GP, neuro?
Hi! So endo did the latest tests... LH, FSH, DHEA, Prolactin, calcium, andrgens, etc... All normal. He wasn't at all concerned about my TSH and said I "don't look hyperthyroid" to him. I questioned if it could be central hypo but he brushed that off saying I wouldnt have any periods. Maybe he is right but I'm not entirely convinced. I have many hypo symptoms and had a tramatic brain injury that affected my peripheral vision (tunel vision lasted a day) and had amnesia. He says some people just have a lower TSH than others and that it is just my body's norm. No pituitary MRI, no stimulation tests. I'm changing insurance next month and wonder of I should switch doctors as well. Maybe a DO or another endo? My primary doesn't have a clue and I think he thinks I'm a hypercondriac. Lol. I get new symptoms and pains all the time. It seems like my systems are just degenerating or are all out of wack one after the other. I really don't know where to turn. It feels like if someone doesn't figure this out soon I going to start becoming very ill. I have two very young children at home I cannot be sick! Oh, I also mentioned to the doc that I never produced enough breastmilk and he just blew that off sayin my prolactin in within range (low range). Any guidence and wisdom is very much appreciated!!  
Gee, how does one look to *look* hypothyroid???
As for period issues, some women are effected, some are not - it is not a hard and fast rule, so your endo looks for the book.

Traumatic brain injury can lead to pituitary injury - so I would ask to see a neuro-endo when  your insurance changes.

Pain can happen when hormones such as cortisol go up and down - testing has to happen at certain times.
Thanks for your imput. I've searched for a neuro-endo in my area and the closest one is 2 1/2 hours away. He does a lot of pituitary tumor removals at the Univ of Michigan. So the question is... Do I start with him and drive that distance every time or see a different endo or DO? What questions should I ask when choosing a doc? Thanks for any advice?
The neuro-endo may not take you at this point - they take patients with known pituitary disorders, complex disorders or adrenals issues - your testing is not complete enough to show what you have. You can call that office and ask if they have recommendations for other doctors for baseline testing and once you figure out what is really going on, then if you need the neuro-endo, move on to that doctor. I would mention the low prolactin with birth and now low TSH to them. Maybe that will be enough.

It may take a few doctors - I know it took me quite a few to find the right one.
I know it's been a year since you posted... Hoping you still check in on this. If I didn't know better, I would think I had posted your symptoms as my own. Seven years searching, multiple doctors,blood work, and many diagnosis stating that I am, for lack of a better term, crazy. My TSH: .17, creatinine: high, T3free: low normal. Symptoms all over the board. I finally went to a gyno who tried to pump me full of DEPO without seeing any results. Then he saw my TSH and sent me to an ENDO. Endo did more bloodwork, ultrasound of my thyroid. Because my symptoms showed signs of both hyper and hypo, she told me that she wasn't sure which of my symptoms were real,  and, despite there being semi-fluid filled cysts on my thyroid, that there was nothing wrong with me.
I would love to know what has happened to you since posting, and share some very interesting info I have since discovered that may be of great help to you.
Hormones make you crazy! I think you should find another endo - and another - until you find a decent one. Get copies of everything - sounds like you already do - until you get the doc that finds the source. My bouncy thyroid was pituitary and contrary to what docs are taught - people can have multiple heath issues concurrently!
Good luck.