Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
If it is not Brain Tumor and Not MS then What is it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

On 11/1/2010 I went to the ER and was told I had a tumor on my brain. They ran test for Multiple sclerosis and all test came back negative, so the Neurosurgeon Dr. Shawn Moore, decided I needed a brain biopsy by way of a Craniotomy. The biopsy showed I had a Grade 3 astrocytoma brain tumor and this was found by two pathologist here at Stormont-Vail. I went in to get stitches out two Weeks later and the Neurosurgeon was about to put me on Chemo & Radiation but 5 mins before my appointment results from another pathologist in Nebraska sent there report that they were ruling it a Demyelinating disease (Multiple sclerosis ) so, I was sent to a neurologist Dr. Zhao, he did not agree with the Multiple sclerosis digionious so he sent me to another neurosurgeon at KU Med Center and he did not feel that it was either one Multiple sclerosis or a Grade 3 astrocytoma brain Tumor, so he sent me back to the neurologist. At this time 1/2011 Dr. Zhao decided to start treating me for Multiple sclerosis and I started taking Rebif injections 3 time a week. Every time I would see him he would tell me that it could still be a tumor but he would continue to treat me for Multiple sclerosis. As of April 1 told Dr. Zhao I was having to change Dr.'s because of my medical insurance, so he stated that he was just going to give the digionious me with Multiple sclerosis. The Dr.(Dr. Zhao) I was seeing over the next couple of months refused to give me a referral and I had to make a complaint to the office manager to get my referral. I finally got in to see the new Dr. and he knew nothing about me having the Craniotomy or the findings of this, Luckily I had the copies of this information for him but now this new Dr. is stating that he does not think I have either one Multiple sclerosis or Grade 3 astrocytoma brain Tumor. So my question to you is do you think I have a Case for a Malpractice lawsuit as I have mental and physical impairments? My physical impairments are as follows: I have no feeling on my left side from my neck to my waist, I am left handed so not having the use of my left arm is difficult, my left side of my face goes numb and tingles, My legs have got to the point that they go numb and get sharp pains in them. With the medication Rebif that I was on from Jan. to Sept. I felt sick and hurt all the time. I shake on my left side all the time but the shaking seems to moving to the right side as well. I have had to start wearing glasses after the surgery. The most difficult thing to deal with is the constant non stopping Migraines that I have every day. My mental impairments are as follows: I have become very depressed, I started have anger issues, my personality has changed, i cannot concentrate, I forget things. With everything I have gone through over the last year this has taken over my life and being told that I have one thing then another and after a year of testing taking all kind of medications and still not knowing what I have I am at my wicks end. With all of this am Having a hard time working as I am a Customer service agent and am on the phones all day working on a computer having people yelling at me all day and with the constant Migraines and having to type one handed, then missing work due to Dr. appointments or being in too much pain is putting a hardship on me at work. This is causing stress at home and money issues. I am the only one working in a household of 4 and you are having a hard time continuing to be present at work with the complications I have experienced since the original diagnosis.
I won't comment on law suit issues. Have you considered going out on disability? Will your doctors sign you out?

I am a patient myself - and sometimes things are not straight - it is endlessly frustrating. I can totally understand that.  

Given that the MS meds have not works at all - then I would push (with family or a friend in the appointment) to have them re-visit the diagnosis. You may also try the option of NIH - National Institutes of Health and see if you can contact someone there to review your slides in the MS and/or the brain tumor area so that you can get an accurate diagnosis - or try a larger cancer hospital and get a second opinion there?

I would also see if you can be placed elsewhere at work - so that you are not working with people - ask if you can be processing paperwork or managing or something so that are not subject to the stress. Can you get a headset so you can type with both hands?