Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Im so scared and confused...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Im so scared and confused...

On Feb. 13th, I went to the emergency room for headaches and chest pain with weird pins and needles feeling in my upper back. They did an XRay of my chest and said it was migraines(after not doing anything for my head)
I went back on the 16th because my symptoms were the same and I noticed my right pupil dialates more than the other.
I had blood work and a non contract CT of the brain done. Findings showed a sinus infection. I was prescribed Amox-Clav. After almost a week of my symptoms not changing, I went to my doctor. She did a basic neurological exam and checked my pupils. She said it the variation in pupil dialation is not out of norm and both pupils react to light. She refered me to a neurologist and told me to try Allegra in the meantime. I made an app. with the neurologist but, its not until the 18th. Its been 4 days since I saw my doctor and still no change in symptoms. Im scared to death and my anxiety is extremely high.
My symptoms:
Head pressure ranging from mild to moderate through most of the day; Seems to be moderate towards the end of day.
On and off headaches in the temple region that can be sharp and range from mild to moderate; Never seem to be in the morning or when I wake up and are usually after I have been up for a few hours and tends to be slightly sharper on the right side.
Tingling sensation in my head that kind of feels like when your foot falls asleep.
Nausea that is mild and usually peaks after I eat.
Leg weakness in both legs that is mild
Right pupil dialation; Only seems to happen in certain light; Dialation is not all the time and never in natural light.
Random upper back pain and tingling that is moderate and usually happens as I have been at work for a few hours.

I have a history of childhood epilepsy but have not had a seizure in 11 years however, I have gotten headaches since then but not for this long of a period and gave birth back in october.
Bump. Anyone?
I only come one once or twice a day as I am a patient myself... and every day is different in that I may or may not feel well as I am disabled.

I think you are best to wait for the neurologist. The basic exam that the PCP did and the CT would have ruled out most tumors. As a patient, yeah, I would not have been thrilled with a chest x-ray and being told it is a migraine, but having been a migraine patient for years, it is rather consistent with migraines.

My mom used to get migraines in one arm. I get visual migraines - where I get no headache but cannot see anything but a sparkly thing for a while and I may or may not get a headache after. I also get the half-head migraines too.

It can help to journal a bit - so you can identify triggers. It can be light, perfume, food, weather or a combination of items. If you also get anxiety with them then you can get a tension headache on top of it! Who needs that...

Headaches bit the big one, but they have meds, and you can also control them with knowing the triggers (except of course the weather, which is a trigger of mine dang it!) to avoid them, and then get on the right medications or even hot or cold pads, OTC or script meds, and even a dark room that helps. It can take some trial and error but you hopefully can get them under control.
Thats a little reassuring. Its the pupil that has me freaked out since i have no clue if its always done that
That is weird... I don't have pupils that differ, but my pupils are at/near the max size all the time so when I went to the doc as a kid he started to check me for needle marks! I was surprised and he said he thought I was on drugs due to the size of my pupils!

It would be interesting to check pictures to see if it was happening before?
The only thing I can tell I have had for a few years is that my eyelid droops a little. I have an exam from 2006 that says my pupils are symetrical though.
Have you been to an eye doctor lately?

Droopy eye lids can be myasthenia gravis or issues like that.
Hmm....
My insurance doesnt cover eye exams
An eye exam is not so very expensive! It sounds like it is worth it for some peace of mind. Call around.
Your insurance might not cover the eye exams for glasses. But it probably covers eye exams for medical reasons. You might need to be referred to a neuro ophthalmologist, a medical doctor. just a thought.
Horselip
I have an app. with the neurologist on Tuesday. Im freaking out and terrified that I have a tumor or some kind of cancer.
Good luck at the neurologist. Let us know what he says.

The odds are that you are ok and I hope the odds are with you.
I hope im okay too