Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Lasting affects of a ruptured pit tumor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Lasting affects of a ruptured pit tumor

Hi to everyone out there.Throughout all these postings I have never read anything that resembles to the fact of having a pit tumor that has ruptured and caused bleeding near or around the brain.If anyone has any information about something like this , would you please contact me.My diagnosis was made in 1997 in Bryan, Texas by a resident Doctor from India who said that it was a pituitary tumor  which had ruptured and that was why there was so much pain.Also no one has ever made it clear to me after having the rupture transphenoidally scraped, if it could leave you tramatically affected for the rest of your life.
It is called pituitary apoplexy.
http://www.emedicine.com/OPH/topic471.htm
Are you now hypopituitary or panhypopituitary?
Thank You for your input. Did you have something similar to what I had.
No, just had two pituitary tumors. Because of that I read up and hang out a lot at pituitary boards.
I have friends who have had this via childbirth - aka sheehan's syndrome. In the end, we become the same when we are panhypopituitary (as I am).
my son also had a pituitary apoplexy and as now got a small part of the tumour left behind,   it is around the blood vessels to his brain and is in too dangerous a place to operate on he takes cabrgoline 1mg twice a week and hydrocortisone 10mg three times a day plus levothyroxine the probems we have at home are managing his bouts of extreme anger he is now in prison because he axed down the back door he breaks and hit anyone or anything in his way tomorrow before the judge sentences him have you got any information which will explain his behavior or is this extreme anger not connected to his condition i would really value your opinion   thanks
It sounds like part of his tumor was inoperable - in the cavernous sinus? Was his tumor a prolactinoma or Cushing's? or Non-functioning?

He is taking replacements at a pretty high level for steroids - AND he is taking them at the wrong times (dang doctor!!!!) and that will give him steroid induced Cushing's right after surgery. A normal body wants bulk of the cortisol (in the replacement corticosteroids ) in the morning and taper off to nothing by night. Your doc is keeping him level all day which will interfere with sleep patterns. Cushing's can cause rage, anger and depression.

What kind of tumor did he have?