Left frontal lobe brain tumor.
Good afternoon- my brother is a 42 year old, otherwise healthy man, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor on January 4th.  This was found because he was having what they believe are "seizures".  Since then, he has been experiencing loud ringing in the ears, headaches, times of forgetfulness, and mood swings.  The neuro surgeon doesn't believe this is cancerous because it didn't absorb the contrast during one of his 3 MRI's.  We have been told that it could have been something there for 10 years, could be 5 years, could be new.  The problem is, without being able to take a biopsy, they can't say for 100%, what it is, or anything else. That being said, this same neuro surgeon said there is nothing they can do because of the location.  Really?   It is 5 centimeters directly behind the left eye.  I understand the risk associated with this, but, is there anything else out there?   He has been referred by his neurologist to see a nuclear neurologist, in hopes they might have some other ideas.  So, no biopsy, no treatment, no nothing.  Basically wait for next MRI on April 28th to monitor for change, and wait to hear from nuclear neurologist, who sounds like he would like to wait until after next MRI.  We as a family are scared, frustrated, emotional.  I simply can't imagine living in my brothers shoes, and not have answers to my future.  Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.  
The good news is that with the MRIs - they are able to tell what is benign and what is malignant to a pretty good degree by looking at the structure of the lesion. But like the doctor said, it is not 100% and so that is hard to take.

He is having symptoms. So I would take his films and data and find other surgeons to comment on his case. The risk in operating behind the eye is, I believe with messing with the optic nerve and that is one nerve that does not recover well.

I would also advise him to see a neuro-opthomalogist and get some thorough testing and monitoring there.

There could be treatment via radiation or surgery but that area is full of nerves and blood vessels and areas that you may want to be careful like the pituitary. The hormones may be causing the mood swings - has he seen anyone about the possible pituitary involvement? Neuros are not the best at pituitary - you have to see a pituitary center and they have surgeons over there with tiny instruments that can go in other places so they should be consulted.

There is an expert forum here for brain/pituitary tumors. I would also ask him as well.