Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Left frontal lobe brain tumor.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Left frontal lobe brain tumor.

Good afternoon- my brother is a 42 year old, otherwise healthy man, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor on January 4th.  This was found because he was having what they believe are "seizures".  Since then, he has been experiencing loud ringing in the ears, headaches, times of forgetfulness, and mood swings.  The neuro surgeon doesn't believe this is cancerous because it didn't absorb the contrast during one of his 3 MRI's.  We have been told that it could have been something there for 10 years, could be 5 years, could be new.  The problem is, without being able to take a biopsy, they can't say for 100%, what it is, or anything else. That being said, this same neuro surgeon said there is nothing they can do because of the location.  Really?   It is 5 centimeters directly behind the left eye.  I understand the risk associated with this, but, is there anything else out there?   He has been referred by his neurologist to see a nuclear neurologist, in hopes they might have some other ideas.  So, no biopsy, no treatment, no nothing.  Basically wait for next MRI on April 28th to monitor for change, and wait to hear from nuclear neurologist, who sounds like he would like to wait until after next MRI.  We as a family are scared, frustrated, emotional.  I simply can't imagine living in my brothers shoes, and not have answers to my future.  Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.