Link between Cushing's Disease and Abnormal TSH
I was diagnosed with Cushing's disease late 2004 and had a pituitary adenoma removed in April 2005. I was also diagnosed with Hashimoto's at the same time as the Cushing's disease.  I am currently having lots of symptoms of hypothyroidism, but my blood work isn't indicating much of anything.  My TSH is low, but T3 and T4 are normal.  Is it possible for my TSH level to be affected by the pituitary gland but not affecting my T3 and T4?  Is there a way to treat this?
Your TSH level is probably effected by the surgery. After pituitary surgery, TSH is no longer a valid test of your thyroid and your doctor *should* know this. I had Cushing's disease, had surgery and have Hashimoto's too. They are unrelated except that you have one auto-immune disease, you tend to get more. You need to be treated. You need to test your thyroid using Free T3 and Free T4 and antibody tests to know where the thyroid is at. I still get my TSH tested, just to see how the pit is doing - as it is a pituitary test really. T3 and T4 tests (the straight ones) are not as useful in determining what the thyroid is doing which is why you are having symptoms - or you can be having another hormone go - like growth hormone -entirely. Are you being tested thoroughly, regularly?