Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Lump on my head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Lump on my head

I have been noticing it for 3-4 years now that there is a lump on my scalp on top of the head. it is hard. When i touch it, it does not pain. Also cannot move it. It seems to the like part of the skull. I dont even get headaches. Is my Skull structure like that or is it something serious ?.
Not everyone has the same shape of head - when you are born, things get squished up a bit and then flatten out - some people flatten out more than others. The skull is actually made up of lots of bones and early in life, it is not totally fused but as we get older, it fuses more - they tell the age of the skull by looking at that.

I would just ask your doctor next time you are there. If it is a new shape though, ask a doctor sooner. A way to know if it is new is to ask people in your family or look at pictures and see if you notice if it is new, or if you just noticed it.
I have uploaded an image of the skull depicting where exactly the lump is. Please go to the below link
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3035/skullbonestopview.jpg
In the image i have marked it in red.
That is the area around where i have the lump. Its hard and feels like a bone.
It could possible be posterior fontanelle.
I am not sure as i am not a medical expert.

Has there been a change? Did you look at pictures to see if it is new? Did you see a doctor?
You are posting where there are no doctors - we are patients like you.
Pain Tracker
Pain
melimeli commented on Jewels63's status
Roger_church commented on 6 months after brain ...
DMRobbins0226 commented on My GYN made me mad.
Feb 08