MRI after craniotomy for Brain Cancer
I had a craniotomy on June 2 for a brain tumor located in the right frontal lobe. 90% was ressected (it was the shape and size of a pear).  I then followed with 30 treatments of radiation to my head and 6 weeks on the chemo drug Temodar 140mg per day.  I have felt good and was not sick a day during my treatment.  I was dx with an Oligodendroglioma grade 3, but I also have the missing chromosomes, which I was told makes this type of cancer real responsvie to the radiation and chemo.

I went on Sept 10 to do a follow-up MRI, after finishing with my radiation and chemo.

My neurosurgeon after seeing my MRI told me that he saw a speck on my MRI, but he was not sure it was cancer, scar tissue from the surgery or something else.

I just had them fax me the radiology report and on it this is what was said:

Thin rim of enhancement in keeping with granulation surrounding the tumor resection site right frontal lobe anteriorly.  There a 1 cm small rim enhancing lesion to the right putamen.  Prior studies are being retrieved for comparison.

What does this mean?  Please help.
I am guessing, but your doc said speck, and the report said 1 cm, which is more like 1/2 inch... so I know your doc was trying to make you not worry... but it looks like where they removed the tumor, all of it looks normal except that 1/2 inch edge which is lighting up (or is darker) in a structure in the forebrain (the putamen). They are going to look at prior films to compare and see if they learn anything from that.

Now, since, I believe, your prior studies were with the whole tumor (unless they did MRIs during your treatment?), not sure what they are going to pick up. But they will compare and probably issue another report.

It can be so many things, so let us know what  you find out.