Meningioma/Osteoma
Im wondering how you can tell the difference between the two and if they are both called cancers?

I was diagnosed wiht a meningioma left frontal 2 years ago - my next scan this year it hadnt grown much - hadnt moved - (or disappeared worst luck! ) but now they say its probably an osteoma? Ive sort of started with the question then  the explanation -sorry :(
Meningioma:
A common type of slow growing, usually benign brain tumor that arises from the dura, one of the meninges, the membranes covering the brain and spinal cord. A meningioma may occur wherever there is dura but the most common sites are over the cerebral hemispheres of the brain. It is the only brain tumor that is more common in women than men. It tends to occur between 40 and 60 but can occur at any age. Meningiomas may be multiple. Very rarely do they become malignant. The symptoms depend on the location of the tumor.

Osteoma:
A benign, slow-growing tumor composed of well-differentiated, densely sclerotic, compact bone, occurring particularly in the skull and facial bones.
Thankyou for the info Rumpled :)