Meningioma Surgery
I had a 5 cm right temporal lobe meningioma removed 2 weeks ago.  I still feel like I have a bad ear infection on that side.  I have told my doctor and he says it is normal.  Anybody else had this problem?
Have you had any follow up blood tests?  After surgery, there is some swelling that will take some time to recede. It could be that swelling that feels off. But the doctor should explain - and  your lesion was fairly large as well.

What was the grade, and how was it removed? Surgery or radiation?

I was in the hospital for 7 days after surgery (got out of the hospital last Wednesday) and they took blood several times.  The doctor or one of his PAs saw me every morning and I mentioned this to them and they said it was normal.  I got my staples out this past Monday and mentioned it and they, again, said it was normal.  It kind of feels like water in my ear or fluid behind my eardrum.

The day of surgery, he said is was a grade 1 and that he got all of it with surgery.

Thanks for answering.
It could be the swelling issue or even healing - but they should explain it more so that  you are not left in the dark. I would tell them that it still persists and if they tell you it is normal, ask them specifically why it is happening, and how long it will last. Ask a nurse if the doctor will not respond.

What they think patients know or should not know... but why be left with a weird feeling when it can and should be explained. Have someone else call if they put you off,  for some reason sometimes that helps.

Let us know what happens...