Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Need some real life info...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Need some real life info...

I go to see my neurosurgeon for tomorrow for my first checkup after craniotomy for a right temporal lobe meningioma removal on March 24, 2010.  I have been in contact with them several times and went in for staple removal on April 6, 2010.  Everything I asked about, they said was normal.  Things like chills, elevated temperature (not over 100.9), very tired, no appetite, severe constipation while taking MiraLax, can't read anything for more than 5 or 10 minutes (the words all run together and my head starts hurting).  I can't raise my right eyebrow, no tears from right eye, feels like I am in a fog all the time and like I have a bad ear infection, and TOO MUCH SLEEPING (I haven't been able to stay awake for more than 3 hours, usually 1 or 2).  I am on Dilantin for prevention.  I believe the Dilantin is the cause of most of my problems.  But, if anybody here has had any experience with any of these, please let me know so I don't give my doctor too much hell tomorrow.

Thanks and God bless!  
I would go see a neuro-opthomologist ASAP as without tears in your eye, you risk damage to the cornea, and the doc can check for issues. He may also be able to comment on the nerve issues about the eyebrow.

You did have a major surgery, so being tired is part of recovery - but the rest is a little crazy. I would not be happy either.

If you are not up and active, that may contribute to the constipation.