Need to lose weight after brain tumor
Hi, I'm 14 years old and 5 years I wa diagnosed with a craniophryngiamo. I had surgery and it went fine. But after the surgery I started to gain weight and it has kept rising since then. I have tried almost every diet and exercise plan out there but I still gain weight! Is there any way that i can lose weight after this surgery?
Have the doctors tested your TSH, free T3 and T4?  I wonder if your thyroid went haywire?
If you take steroids this is your problem.  My son has craniopharyngioma and the steroids (Prednisone and Cortef) made him gain a lot of weight and he can not loose it.   It is not you it is the medicine doing this to you and my heart bleed for you. Good luck and be healthy :)
I would agree that hormone balancing after pituitary surgery is what makes weight a challenge.

Steroids are the most challenging - as you have to take enough to live, but too much can cause steroid induced Cushing's. I had pituitary Cushing's. All the hormones have to be balanced, including growth hormone, to be all right.