Needed: Pre and post pituitary surgery preparation
I recently found a site online where I watched a clip of a Neurosurgeon walking patients/families through "what to expect" pre and post-op transphenoidal pituitary surgery.  Now, I can't find it.  I was looking for something my husband could watch.  This particular clip had the Neurosurgeon in a large room doing a PowerPoint presentation.  Does anyone know this clip or of something similar?  Thank you!
I sent a link to you PM.

What type of tumor do you have? When is your surgery?
Hi Rumpled,

I have what my endo believes is a ACTH secreting microadenoma in my pituitary. I finally will meet with NIH next Tues to confirm the Cushing Disease  and schedule surgery if they believe I'm a canidate and IF their Neurosurgeon meets my criteria.  

My husband thinks I will need a few (3-4) weeks down and then I'll be ok.  Ok meaning back to work as an RN and packing our house up for a move across the city this summer.  I will be taking him to NIH with me, but thought I would spare him embarrassment as he talks with the Drs there.  

I love my husband and give him credit that he is very smart and one of those who ( I hate to admit) is usually right on most issues......BUT I have him on this one.  He is so overwhelmed with my psych/depression issues and the loss of his wife, that he has resigned to just agreeing with me on most things. "Whatever you need or can do, dear".  But I feel he doesn't believe me.  I need him prepared for the reality of a possibly difficult recovery.  More than a month. More than a couple of months.  Maybe a year or even two.

You said you PM me.  I'll see if I can find it.  I'll let you know what happens with NIH.  Thanks for your time!
I had Cushing's myself.

Surgical recovery is a few weeks - but hormonal recovery can vary. Some people can take a year, some years. It can vary in *severity* depending on how the disease has effected you - for me, I became completely disabled as my body was actually using the steroids I produced for another disease and I was self-treating, and so when that source was gone, I went to heck in a handbasket quickly.

My hubs had to come up quick too - after all, most surgeries are like that - you go in, you recover, and viola - FIXED! But pituitary stuff is different. The hormonal variable can make for some weird things.

Glad you have criteria for surgeon and are being critical - it pays in the long run to have the best surgeon out there.