Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Nervous about Tumor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Nervous about Tumor

I have a MRI scheduled for tomorrow and am a bit nervous.  Not for the MRI but the result.  I have been smelling cigarette smoke very strong for a couple of weeks.  Have had this and off again over past year but briefly and gone away quickly.  This will not go away and is so strong it makes my eyes water.  My vision is the second problem.  I got new glasses in January.  No line bi- focal.  This is the first time I have had them.  They took about 3 good weeks to get used to but after that I was seeing great.  The last 3 weeks or so things are blurry and when I move my head things in my pro.vision double.  I have headaches but just in the morning.  This is when they are at their worse.  They lighten up as the day goes on.  I have had soar breast as if being pregnant (I am not). I cannot stand with my eyes closed I will lose my balance. I have been on B 12 and D3 injections bi weekly for 1.5 years. My doctor thought for sure it was prolactinoma but my prolactin levels came back at 29.  Normal.  I feel like a hypochondriac and am not sure what to expect.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  If you have had these symptoms together I would love to hear from you.  Thank you.
It could be a Pituitary tumor. I had a nonfunctioning tumor that blood work cannot diagnose. Let me know what you find out . I just had a a tumor removed and if you have one I have great advice for you.  Please don't worry to much and please let us know. Have you had your Progesterone and estrogen checked? any other blood work done?
Just the usual CBC, B12, D3, Thyroid. My PCP did not mention any others.  My B12 and D3 are always issues.  I take 150,000 units of D3 a week and injections of B12 bi weekly.  Thank you very much for the response.  I will let you know what I find out if anything.  
I still have prolactinoma with normal and near normal levels... that being said, it could be other hormones as well - and thyroid can mess with it as well. Your doc did not run enough testing (what thyroid was run?) probably to cover it all.

I hope the MRI is good enough to pick up pituitary - that is generally a different protocol.

The low D can really mess with you too! Let us know what the MRI finds!