Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Optic nerve & severe headaches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Optic nerve & severe headaches

Hi everyone. I am a 33 year old female. My last 2 eye exams, my doctor told me I have an enlarged or swollen optic nerve, I can't remember which and asked me if I have headaches. At the time, that answer was No. He told me to report back to him immediately if I ever developed bad headaches.

Fast forward to this last Friday, I woke up in the morning with a severe, debilitating headache. I had to call my husband home from work, which j would never ever do unless it was a must. I could not take care of our 4 year old because I could barely open my eyes. I vomited, I thought from the pain, and continued to have dry heaving... Which intensified the headache soooo much. I went back to bed, slept until 5 pm and had a dull headache the rest of the night.

Yesterday I had to attend my little sisters sweet 16 surprise party. I felt very "off". Can't really explain it. I began to get another headache later in the day... No where as severe as Friday but still, a bad headache.

Today, I feel alot of pressure on/in my head... The top and the sides, the back and the forward. I have another mild headache, and my vision blurs for a few seconds at a time, almost like a film is over my eyeballs.

Any ideas? I called my eye doctor but he doesn't have an emergency number. I am worried and will follow up when he is in on Tuesday. It is very unlike me to get headaches, let alone the type I had Friday and the constant ones since then. I just don't know what to think in regards to the optic nerve situation.

Thank you for your time in reading this!!!
You could call your PCP and ask his advice, or your insurance nurse line, or go see another eye doc?

It could be an emergency but the internet cannot take care of emergencies - so take care and see a doc - any type of doc - ASAP!

Hope all is well.