Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Pain behind eye..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Pain behind eye..

Hi everyone.

For about the past month and a half I have been having a weird pain behind my left eye towards the back of my head when I move my eyes from side to side. Its actually when I look to the left do i feel the pain behind my left eye. It almost feels like a pulling sensation. Any ideas what this could be? I of course jumped to the thought of brain cancer but this problem doesnt seem to be a symptom. My vision hasnt changed. The pain hasnt gotten worse. And it seems to only happen in either stressful situations or when the situation is on my mind. Could I have strained something? Any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!
It sounds something like an eye strain problem perhaps, because of the pain when you move your eye.  May I suggest you see an optometrist and see if you need glasses/contacts or an adjustment on your prescription in the left eye?  Also, I'd ask for an eye dilation in the check-up so they can look for problems that way too.  

The fact it happens with stress or with something on your mind also sounds like it could be either a muscular tension or migrainous type headache.  I suggest you may want to see a neurologist to follow up on this issue as well.  Also, stress management is a goal to strive for when it is affecting you adversely!