Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Pain in the back right side of head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

Pain in the back right side of head

I keep getting this pain in the back of my head on the right side.  It feels like its being pinched and it hurts for like a few seconds, but always less then a minute.  And when I am sleeping, it hurts for a little longer.  I have no idea what it is, and it just comes and goes.  It doesnt stay, just randomly comes and goes.  I have told my doctor before about headaches and things, but there hasnt been any further discussion about it.  Can anyone give me any insite as to what it could be, and is there a possiblitity that its a brain tumor?  I have told my doctor that that is my fear because I also have vision issues (I see dots really bad, like looking at a fuzzy screen and sometimes I see waves which arent normal in my vision).  I really want to figure this out so that I dont have to continue to worry.  Thanks for any help!  I dont know what else to add right now, so if you have any other questions for me that might help figure this out, let me know!
I would go get a very thorough eye exam. Eye exams also screen for brain tumors (a first screen) as many of your symptoms are visual. However, it can be so many things other than a tumor, so it is best to start with seeing an eye doc.

Have you been screened for migraines? They also have a visual component. That would be the next step.
I had an eye exam a couple years ago, but I was pregnant, and they said that pregnancy does weird things to your eyes, but once the child is born, it should go away, and since it had been going on for a year before that, and is still happening, I didnt figure it was pregnancy induced.  I do need to go to an eye doctor though.  I have not been tested for migranes (migraines).  When I see my doctor next I will have to talk with her about that.
Pain Tracker
Pain
Surgery4dad commented on life after brain tumo...
57 mins ago
LittleMissSweetie commented on Life after brain tumo...
Aug 28
mhv commented on photo
Aug 26