Palpitations from contrast dye?
I had a head CT with contrast today and while the dye was being injected I had the normal side effects suchs as warmth and the feeling I wet my pants...but I also had weird heart palp, like my heart sped up and jumped around. It lasted about 5 seconds. I got a little dizzy but I'm not sure if that was from the heart palp, or from being frightened BY the heart palps. Is this a normal reaction to the dye? It stopped completely once the dye was stopped and I felt fine within a minute, with no dizziness or other effects. The technician said it would make my heart feeling like it's flopping but on the risk pamplet for the test, it says notify your doc if you have palps during the dye injection.
By the way, I just got my voice mail from the doc saying my CT was normal. No tumors, growths, or aneurysms of the brain. THATS GOOD NEWS...but now I gotta see a neuro....still worried about the palps during the dye though..
Did you say anything to the tech during or right after the scan? That would have been the time to say something.
The contrast for a CT contains a lot of iodine - and it can rev up your thyroid. If your heart palps are gone, perhaps it was just being in the machine. I would drink a lot of fluids (non-caffeinated) to flush  your body but don't drink so much that you wash all the electrolytes out of your body - just drink a bit extra today.

Next time, talk to the tech at the scan so you can be evaluated on the spot.