Pineal Cyst!
I had an MRI last week and the results came back today showing that i have a 1.3cm x 1.5cm cyst on my pineal gland. i have recently passed out and the doctor seems to think it is from the cyst. i am waiting on a neurologist appointment but no one seems to be telling me if it is serious or not? I am 17 years old, i have one kidney and different sized pupils. i don't have bad head aches or impaired vision but i do have troubles sleeping occasionally. is this something i should be worried about? how do they usually treat it? (ps my license got suspended due to the fact that i had passed out). If they have to do surgery, what is the procedure like? recover period?
Has anyone measured your melatonin levels? The sleeping issues probably stem from the cyst - and from past posts, it seems like getting treatment can be a battle so be prepared as they are considered for the most part to not cause issues and be on the *watch and see* list - so be persistent.

You want a surgeon experienced in endoscopic surgeries - I would seek out a pituitary guy as they have the tools. Look for a skull based surgeon as well.

Recovery from endoscopic surgery should be pretty quick - incision is keyhole or via nose. For the vision - see an eye doc - some lesions can sit near the optic nerve - so you need to get checked out. A neuro-optho is needed.