Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
Pituitary Adenoma and Brain Lesion Questions..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Brain Tumors and Pituitary Tumors.

I'm 25 and I found out in 2010 that I have lesions on my brain in my temporal lobe. At that time I also found out that I have a pituitary adenoma. I am having the adenoma checked out since I have many endocrine symptoms and issues. However, I was never given any advice or explaination about the lesions. Recently, I have begun having problems with my eyes, numbness in my tongue and right hand and difficulty speaking when the numbness occurs. Also I am becoming more forgetful and these things are causing me concern. My overall question is if the lesions could be causing me any problems? And should I have them checked further? I do not have a lot of money, which is why I have not had them checked as of yet. I would be very appreciative for any advice that you could give to me.
Thank you.  
They should probably check out the brain lesion first as that may be causing more of the symptom (not the hormonal ones though).

I had a couple of pituitary ones myself and the symptoms can run the gamut so  you need a pituitary center and a neuro-endo to run the proper testing to figure out what type it is as well as the proper treatment course. Only after you know the type can the treatment - meds or surgery - can be determined. Since you have eye issues you need to see a specialized eye doc - a neuro optho so get exams.

I would suggest getting copies of everything from MRIs to reports to lab testing so you know what is going on with both the temporal lobe and the pituitary lesion - that way you are an informed patient. It may also be helpful to take a calm and helpful family member or friend with you to appointments that can help you remember details.

Both lesions could have an impact but not knowing size or exact details... you need good doctors on your side and persistence.
Thank you for your imput, I really appreciate it. So the lesions could be causing a lot of my problems? Interesting. I never had this explained to me, it was just an "Oh we found lesions on your brain during an MRI" but no further explaination.

I think that I will call the hospital that I was at and request copies of the doctors notes and such (I have the MRI's and CT scans on CD)

I honestly had no idea that the lesions could be causing me problems. I guess I should have known better because the doctors at the hospital where I was were not very helpful. I guess my next step is to get a Neuro consult.

Thank you again.
You will have to get two consults - the neurologist can treat one of the lesions, but the pituitary has to go to a pituitary specialist.

You are not the first person to be told not to follow up. Sadly.

Keep us posted - there are some resources in the health pages (to the right) and that might help too.